Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kentucky Brewery?

Louisville was just taken off of my S**t list.
After spending a the first part of the week drinking boring and watery beers, and sitting in smoky St. Louis bars, I was in desperate need of a good dark microbrew. Bluegrass Brewing Company came to my rescue. Thank God.

Here is the line-up:
-American Pale Ale
-Altbier
-Raspberry Meade
-Dark Star Porter
-Nut Brown Ale
-Frambozen
-Summer Wheat
-Bourbon Barrel Big Brown- *Very Good Bourbon taste, similar taste to GI Bourbon Cnty Stout*
-Cherry Lambic
-Kolsch
-Old St Matthews
-Schwarzbeer -
*My first dark lager----Unusual, but I think I could get used to it*
-Nut Brown Lambic-


In addition to the good beer selection they also have an impressive food menu and friendly locals. Who knew I could find a good brewery in Kentucky Bourbon country?

0 comments: