Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Good and the Bad


I figure I better post something other than financial and political blabber in order to keep the disinterested interested.

Four winning beers and one loser.
1. Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
-Love at first taste. This is by far my favorite beer of all time. The more I drink, the more I want. This beer is not for the weak. For the unsuspecting the first sip is like a kick in the mouth from this sensory overloading meal in a glass. The 13% makes this stout even more lovable. Caramel, coffee, bourbon & beer in a glass. This beer is all over the Internet as one of the best stouts being sold right now. However, most places are out of it. So, if you want some I will start the bidding at $7.50 a bottle. Suckers!

2. Laguanita Maximus IPA
- A great tasting non-bitter IPA. The color and head on this beer is amazing. I love this stuff.
3. North Coast Brother Thelonious
- This is a great non-acidic fruity Belgian Ale. On the shopping list for sure.
4. Ommegang Three Philosophers
- Only sold in a pricey 750ml bottle, otherwise this stuff would always be packed in my fridge. This is the first Abbey Quadrupel I have tried, and I think I have fallen in love.

The loser.
North Coast Blue Star Wheat Beer-
-I could not get into this beer. Very bitter and boring for a wheat beer. American wheat beers, like this one, often take a back seat to Hefeweizen wheat beers. This one is no exception. Blagh!

0 comments: